I am a victim of a crime. How can I be compensated for my loss?

Restitution (payment of financial losses) can be ordered at sentencing in a criminal proceeding as a condition of the sentence.  Victims must fill out a written request for restitution.  Our victim services coordinator sends victims information regarding their rights and the restitution form.  Victims should return the completed restitution form to the victim’s services coordinator.