Yard Waste

Yard waste can be brought to be disposed of at either of the transfer stations in Hubbard County. Larger items like tree stumps, whole trees, and branches will be put in a brush pile where they will be burned. Items like grass clippings, leaves, and small branches or twigs will be composted at the transfer station. When you arrive at the transfer station you must go to the office and ask them where your yard waste needs to be dropped off. The composted yard waste is available free for residents to use on lawns and gardens.

Due to elongate hemlock scale (EHS) do not bring wreaths, swags, boughs and other evergreen decorations to a county yard waste site. Please place them in a plastic bag and put them in your trash. Do not burn wreaths or other evergreen decor.